Monday, November 5, 2012

To Sash or Not To Sash

Yes, I am one of the blessed ones.... 

The hardest decision I was faced with this week was whether to sash or not to the sash the "Mystery to Me" quilt.  

I did not have to worry about hurricanes, family in the way of danger or whether we have enough food or water for this week.

Yes, I am one of the blessed ones..... 

I sit here at my dining room table with a cup of coffee looking out the back doors and watch my husband trimming a tree. I am blessed with a husband who takes pride in his work, whether it is mopping a floor (and yes he also does laundry!), singing at church or trimming a tree.  

Yes, I am one of the blessed ones... 

Our son has a good job, received a good evaluation and is getting ready move out of a house he shares with roommates into his own apartment.  Our oldest daughter is married to a loving husband, has a rewarding (yet stressful) job, has good health and is thinking about adding to our family.  Our youngest daughter is moving toward her own independence as she works on her college courses and embarks on a new job as a teacher's aid.  This is not to say that it has not been a hard road to get to these places in their lives.... and it is safe to say that they will no doubt run into boulders, mountains and valleys as they continue on their journeys.... but for now.....  

Yes, I am one of the blessed ones....

Hmmmmm.......to sash or not to sash...... 


1 comment:

  1. Loved your family blessings...but I am not sure what a sash on a quilt is!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment..... I love hearing from you....