Monday, June 24, 2013

Sew and sway.... Sway and sew

Still working - slowly - but working away at projects..... goals still include quilting all the tops have made to date, Christmas presents, and among all of them I am still working the Block of the Month - Secret Garden by Marti Michell  hosted by my favorite Quilt Shop.

Usually when I am sewing or working on any project, I listen to Pandora - either Billie Holiday or MercyMe station...  When I was piecing this month's block.... instead of listening to my normal stations - I decided to listen to my my iPod music...  (I think this had a lot to do with wanting to get my Swon Brothers fix.....  The Voice was over and I was missing their music.)  

So I hit the shuffle button and first up was Bruno Mars, then Harry Connick, Jr., Jamie Cullum, Robin Thicke.....  I thought to myself, "Wow, there is some fun, sexy music playing right now and all at once.... but I like it."  So I would sew and sway, sway and sew......

My mind got to whirling, thinking about as many things as stitches that were being sewn.  This time it so happened that I was thinking (a) haven't posted anything in my blog in a long time, (b) need to get a picture of this block when I am done for the blog, and (c) what fun little tidbit can I write to go with the block.....  So, of course, I needed to know the name of the block... so while Robin Thicke was singing "Dreamworld" and I was swaying back and forth (as much as my sewing machine would let me) I discovered that the name of this block is.........



Ladies Sashay.......  

How appropriate.....  sew and sway.... sway and sew....  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment..... I love hearing from you....