Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Rest....

Now my definition of restful may be different from others.. Of course the obvious are there - reading, napping (ohhh that is a good one), crocheting, petting your cat......  but for me...... 

I love to putter....... but just not any puttering.....  for it to be restful there must be no interruptions, no chores, no phones, no meals to make...... just putter time.....  To be able do whatever I want to do without any deadlines.  Ahhhhh..... that is so relaxing to me. 

The job I do which helps to pay the bills.... well... lets just say that there is no creativity whatsoever and it is all about what someone else wants you to do....  ALL THE TIME.... people popping their head in to ask questions, people calling on the phone to ask questions, "where's the paper, where's the toner, where are the envelopes.... how do I do this, how do I do that... and oh the deadlines..... they never stop.  This emergency, that rush job, this has to be out by 2:00 p.m., this needed to be done yesterday.......  (Now that does not mean that I do not like to help... that is not what I am trying to say here.) 

And do not get me wrong.... I am grateful that I have half a brain and can do my job and do it reasonably well.  But, when I get home.... the last thing I want is to rush around. 

I want to putter.  It is that being in the bathtub, bubbles all over the place, candles, soft music kind of relaxing.

It is restful.   

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly what you mean Stacy!! Those times are so often, few and far between....

    Thank you for your sweet comment. I'm glad you found one you liked. :) Enjoy it in good health, happiness, and much more relaxation!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment..... I love hearing from you....