Wednesday, February 1, 2012

From My Craft Room..........

Thought I would just post some pictures of stuff from my craft room.....  but then I realized I only have one picture from the craft room in this post.  The rest are pictures of items I made when I did not have a craft room!  So they are from my kitchen table and family room easy chair!  
 
This is a ribbon board which I made for my oldest daughter and her husband this past Christmas.  It is hanging in their living room with wedding pictures all over it.... I love that it is getting put to good use! 
I started this a few years ago - I think I got this pattern from a book that I checked out from the library as I do not find it in my stash of quilting books.... it is called crazy log cabin.  I have four completed 12 x 12 blocks.  Now that I do have a craft room with my sewing machine out at all times.... this is on my list to finish this year.  It may end up as a Christmas present for my son. 
 This is a "Day of the Dead" doll I made for my sister for Halloween... it is her favorite holiday! 
This is a crocheted wire and bead bracelet I made for my mom for her birthday a couple of years ago.  I really love working with wire and this was a lot of fun. 

Finally...... I wanted share something from some very special ladies:  
I am honored to belong to a wonderful group of women who crochet and knit prayer shawls, youth afghans, baby afghans and winter hats.  We started our group a few years ago at our church just stitching Prayer Shawls...... but then we expanded with the hats for our Food Pantry and then afghans for a battered women's and children shelter....  The above picture is this year's batch for the shelter. Aren't these just beautiful?

This is why I craft......   

1 comment:

  1. So much variety!! I love all the ways you dabble in different media, and you're so talented in all of them! I have to comment on that crazy log-cabin design, it *seems* like it would be harder than a regular log cabin - I can't imagine being able to put that together. Kudos to you!! :-D You are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment..... I love hearing from you....