Monday, March 24, 2014

The Journey

There are so many different techniques for flying geese. I have seen rulers specifically for flying geese.  I, myself, have learned three different ways to make them.  The Alex Anderson way, Judy Niemeyer's paper piecing and another technique by one of my quilt mentors.  Now there is a fourth for me.

However, I was not very successful.  I do not believe it is the squaring up that is throwing me.  I made eight flying geese and only two had a bit of an issue.  They ended up too short in width. I either cut the pieces wrong originally or my sewing was just enough off......


Love squaring up half square triangles and hour glass blocks. 


While this is not my best block.... I am learning.  

I love batiks.

Squaring up is not as hard as I thought.

I love batiks.  

Learning to love the journey.  

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you are trying the no waste method - I can never get those to come out right. I like the flip corner method or if they are really small - paper piecing for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Coming from a seasoned quilter - I feel so much better....

      I prefer the flip corner method and paper piecing too. I learned flip corner originally!!

      Delete
  2. I completely agree about loving batiks. :D I don't see any imperfections... you quilt beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww.. thanks Annette! Batiks are just so rich in color and very very forgiving if a mistake is made.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment..... I love hearing from you....