Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Sewing Room or North Pole?

Oh boy.... Can you believe Christmas is only a week away? 

We are staying true to keeping it simple this year and I am LOVING it.  

All of my children are adults now and there are no grandchildren (yet).... so I was super excited when my oldest daughter suggested that we draw names for Christmas this year.  I am so proud that all of the kids were all for it too.....  It has been a long time dream of mine that our little family would not focus on the gifts and presents of Christmas.... but instead look to the true meaning of Christmas!  I think over the years we have really fulfilled my dreams and then some!  

So even though there are less presents to wrap, my sewing room looks like Santa's Workshop....  Christmas cards, little presents, wrapping paper, ribbons and bows everywhere....and on my cutting table sits the unfinished cutting portion of the BOM which is due this Thursday.... yes I will probably be paying $5.00 to get my final block pattern and fabric....  

This Saturday my daughters and I will be baking away in my little warm kitchen..... I AM THRILLED that this tradition has taken hold too.  

It is good that my sewing room is messy, filled with unusual to this room goodness....  it will be only for a week.... and it is so worth it!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment..... I love hearing from you....