Friday, April 24, 2015

A Season of Finishes and New Beginnings

So much has happened over the last couple of months....  Lots of work done in the craft/sewing room.  Lots of work on myself.  

Finished the 2015 Mystery Afghan!  




Mikey over at The Crochet Crowd is such a great teacher.  His video tutorials are really easy to follow and he is a lot of fun too.  Seriously, I would have never, ever, in a million years, tried most of the stitches we learned in this afghan.  While usually you can call me a minimalist when it comes to my creations - I really enjoyed the process and am super happy with the beautiful afghan!  



Finished the Colorburst Granny Square Afghan!





Absolutely love this afghan.  There will be more in the future!  The bright, bold  colors!  Sarah at Bella Coco is also a fantastic teacher.  She has several tutorials that I go to quite a bit.... the basic granny square, the colorburst granny square, African Flower, the solid granny square. She also has a great tutorial on how to join granny squares.  Huge fan of the join as you go method right here!  

Also learned some stuff about the edging - but that will be another post!  

Finished the "Happy" and "Merry" Everything Quilt for my friend.




She is my crochet guru and has been super supportive of my venture into quilting.  She gave me tons of paper piecing pattern books.... so I decided to make her this paper pieced flying geese quilt based on Judy Niemeyer's Which Ways North Pattern.  This is the second quilt I have made using this pattern.  It is a really great introduction to paper piecing.

I named it The "Happy" and "Merry" Everything Quilt because during the time I was thinking about the design, looking for fabric and finally working on it - two Christmases and her birthday flew right by!  

Super happy with my finishes these past few months.  

This Season of Finishes granted me much prayer and quiet time.  This is good.  

For a long time, I have been struggling with volunteer commitments, the time it had been taking from my family, the time it had taken away from dealing with my own issues, the time it has taken from rest.  

So while it was very hard in my heart to let go of the commitments, it has been good.  

Good to continue with prayer.  

Good to rest and be quiet.  

Good to clear my brain and mind.  

Good to start New Beginnings.....  




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment..... I love hearing from you....